Squash & Kale Bowl
If you're like me, when I am on Pinterest - I'd much prefer getting right to the recipe and talking about it later so for those of you like me...
What you need...
5 - 8 oz Kale
1 whole Sweet Potato (baked)
Ground turkey meat
*Optional feta cheese for taste.
What to do...
*first, you'll need to bake you sweet potato so it's prepared to eat. I usually bake mine at 400 for about 35-40 minutes. You don't want it to be over cooked. Just done well enough for it to be thrown into the skillet for 3-4 minutes.
1. Spray a medium sized skillet or Wok with olive oil or cooking spray and turn heat on stove to Medium/High heat.
2. If you're preparing ground turkey, place your turkey in the skillet and break it apart with a spatula or a spoon. The turkey will be done when there is little to no pink in the color of the meat. I usually season mine with salt, pepper and honestly, whatever seasoning is within arms reach. It's totally your call, but for this recipe you don't need a lot.
3. While the meat is cooking, remove the skin of your sweet potato and dice it into cubes. *It's okay if it's a little too mushy to dice into exact cubes.
4. Once turkey is done, toss your mushrooms and sweet potato in the skillet and let cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in kale with a drizzle of Olive Oil. Kale cooks down quickly. 1/2 a bag of kale cooks down to look like not very much at all. Feel free to add more kale as you like. Also, kale cooks really fast and you don't want to drain it completely of it nutrients, so when the kale becomes a vibrant shade of green, turn your skillet off.
6. Continue to stir to really mix all the ingredients together. Remove from skillet and place in bowl.
7. Add feta cheese to taste and you're done!
What I like...
I don't know if this is only applicable to places that get frost in the morning or reach negative temperatures in the up coming months, but as it gets colder I find myself not wanting to do anything. Outside of not wanting to deal with my hair, it becomes a chore to shower because the drying off/exiting shower phase is too cold to deal with. However, It very well could be that I'm a lazy person by nature. So regardless the case, when it comes to cooking I try to do as minimal work as humanly possible.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make and it's just about as easy as it gets to prepare. It tastes delicious and is really good for you. Outside of cooking the sweet potato, this meal can be done in under 10 minutes INCLUDING clean up time.